Members, especially early career plant scientists, can receive funding for visiting another lab or institute. For example to leant new methods and scientific techniques or to initiate a new pilot study. Funding is restricted to those who will not receive funding elsewhere. DBG offers up to 50 travel grants each year for early career plant scientists of up to 400 Euros each. Our Executive Board reviews the applications and gives you feedback about its decision (normally within one week).
- You must be a member of the DBG (membership applications are possible any time and also retroactively: become a member for two years)
- PhD students and PostDocs within five years after graduation are entitled to apply
- The visit lasts at least four workdays
- A fixed sum of max. 80 Euros each day for travel costs and accommodation will be refunded up to the max. of 400 Euros in total
- Applicants show the invitation of the lab that will be visited
- Applicants confirm that they have no other sufficient funding source
- Applicants will provide evidence of expenses with receipts after the visit
- Applicants confirm that they will declare their travel expenses and DBG’s Travel Grant in their tax declaration (Multiple financial support is excluded)
- After the lab visit DBG will publish the names of Travel Grant recipients together with the names of their home and the lab visited on its website.
Procede to our application form in the Intranet (LogIn required)